Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Math Literature Volume 21

Missed last week's post about my favorite counting books?  Check it out!

This week I am sharing with you a very different math literature book than the ones I usually pick.  This is a math picture book biography about a boy who grew up being VERY good at math but not successful in school or in other areas.  His name was Paul Erdos and he became a well known mathematician. I love how this book portrays math as something positive and that being good at math is important.  It also is a great story to use with students to talk about how people are alike and different and what makes people unique.  This is a fairly new book to my collection but I have used it in grades 1 and 3 so far this year with great success.



Do you have any math literature books that are very different?

Head over to Volume 22 to check out some great measurement books!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is a nod to Blueberries for Sal!

    I'm your newest follower. I don't have or use nearly enough math picture books. In fact I hate teaching math and I know that is bad for my kids. I do love picture books though and now I'm thinking I should stock up on math picture books to see if I can share love for math instead! Thanks for the idea.

    Kimberley
    1stinmaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picture books a a great way to add a little more math into your day! Every time I look at your blog, it makes me want blueberries!

      Delete