Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Math Literature Volume 20

If you missed last week's post about literature around the 100th day of school, click here to check it out!

This week I want to show you some of my favorite early counting and rhyming books.  I use these mostly with K-2nd grade students.




This is a fun book with lots of great animals in it.  There are tons of rhyming words and I have  seen primary teachers use this when teaching rhyming and spelling as well as for the math content.
Another fun animal based book, this one looks at all the combinations of 7.  It is a great story to read during your addition unit in Kindergarten or first grade!

An amazing book to use when looking at the concept of zero!
This book convinced me that the Pete the Cat craze is here to stay!  I love this story about Pete the Cat and just purchased it and used it with great success to introduce the idea of subtraction to my kindergartners.  If Pete the Cat isn't the most popular new series in your school, it will be soon.  On a side note, I just ordered several copies of Pete the Cat Saves Christmas to give as gifts and I am hoping they arrive today!
Head over to Volume 21 where I have shared a very unique math literature book!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for more great recommendations. I have Pete's book too. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I had never heard of Pete before this year because I feel like that is all my primary students are talking about lately!

      Delete
  2. I'm pinning the zero book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! It is the only zero book I have. Anyone know of any other good literature books about the concept of zero?

      Delete
    2. There is a story about zero the hero, if you haven't found it yet!

      Delete