Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Problem Solving Progression

I am happy to be guest posting over at Teacher Approved today about helping kids progress with their problem solving skills!

One of my favorite things to teach kids is problem solving.  I love the watching kids strategies develop from basic to more sophisticated and the creative ways they think of to solve problems.  Learning to solve problems follows a progression.  As you change the context, wording, type or numbers in a problem, students will move up and down the progression.  Our ultimate goal of course is for students..... continue reading over at Teacher Approved


1 comment:

  1. We use the word "efficient" a lot in math too. I love when the kids take ownership of the word and start using it. When someone asks them why they chose to solve their problem the way they did, they will often say, "It was more efficient."

    ReplyDelete