Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday Math Literature Volume 39

If you missed last week's post about The King's Commissioners you can check it out here!

This week I want to show you a few books I used recently with my first graders.  First graders need to learn to tell time to the hour and this is a great book to help get them there.  Here are some other ideas for working on time to the hour with your first graders!



This story is written by Kathi Appelt who has quite a few books that I love including several I have as part of my math literature collection.  The bats each do a different dance and have a great time.  Some of the dances are old time things like the jitterbug and the hokey pokey.  It is a great way to expose kids to these other dance types while reinforcing and practicing telling time.





This book offers a great way to connect analog and digital clocks.




Another great one for time to the hour!

My students work on their time to the hour and half hour number puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment