Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teaching Math with you Tube Videos: Time

Recently I posted some of my favorite songs and videos about shapes, counting, multiplication, coins and area and perimeter.  Today I want to share with you some videos about time.

Clip art by Whimsy Workshop Teaching


You might also be interested in seeing some of my favorite math literature books for teaching time!

What Time Is It?

A great song for first grade or anyone who needs to work on time to the hour and half hour. You also might want to check out the other ways I work on time with first graders.  





What's the time?

This is another video for young kids.  It mostly focuses on time to the hour with a bit of time to the five minutes near the end.  


Telling Time Song and Lesson

This is a quick lesson followed by a very song.  Great for working on time to the 5 minutes.  You also might want to check out this fun game for working on time to the 5 minutes.  

Meet the Clock

I love how this video shows many different types of clocks.  It also talks about the second hand and how the hands work together.  This is a great one for grades 2+.
My favorite time song is still the Tick Tock song of the Intelli-tunes CD.  It has been around since before You Tube existed but it is still a great song.

Want to read more about how I teach telling time, check out this quick and easy game I use with kids!

I am working on a post about my favorite computer games and apps for telling time.  Make sure you follow my blog or like my Facebook page so you can see it when it gets published!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Tara! Good post - I'm a big fan of using music to teach concepts, and these look like good videos!
    I'm looking for someone to field test a new third grade math resource for me. If you might be interested, please leave a comment at my blog or email me at lnelson1118 at gmail, and I'll give you more info.
    Thanks so much!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your stuff is awesome! I would love to field test some grade 3 stuff!

      Delete
  2. My kids have been enjoying Hip Hop Around the Clock. It's my favorite too.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great helping Stuff...very useful...keep it Up!!!
    want to hear more!!!
    Visit:- Youtube Help

    ReplyDelete