Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Valentine Addition Doubles

With January quickly coming to a close and lots of changes in our school schedule for February, I started thinking about February holidays.  I have many Kindergarten and first grade students and even a few second graders who have been working on doubles addition facts so I created this quick and easy game for them to play.  

All you need to do is print the game board, give each pair 20 bingo chips or other markers and a dice or some 10 frame cards and they are ready to play.  Also included is some follow up written practice. 

Head over to my TPT store and grab this freebie for your students!  Make sure you leave some feedback if it something you can use in your classroom.  
One more Valentine's day think I am excited about is this book I just ordered for my own kids.  They can't get enough of Pete the Cat.  

  

Do you have any good Valentine math resources? Leave a link in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. You are a prolific blogger--way to go. I barely have enough time to make one post a week. Valentines will be here before you know it. Nice activity!
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My blog feels like the journal I was never able to commit to. It is a nice way to reflect on my week and I love looking back at how I was teaching a year ago.

      Delete
  2. I just got the new Pete the Cat book yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading it with my kids.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute game- I am definitely going to using it with my class. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to use and effective. My favorite kind!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Tara! This will make a great center.

    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it for a center in K and 1 and sometimes use it with second graders who need intervention.

      Delete