Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Math Literature Volume 25

If you missed last week's post about estimation books, you can check it out here!



I have written in the past about some of my favorite books about odd and even numbers but today I want to share with you a few other odd and even books that I have recently added to my collection.


 

This is a story first shown to me by a preschool teacher.  It is written in poem format and is a very nice winter story about a farmer and his animals.  All of his animals like to wear mittens but one keeps turning up missing.  It is a gentle introduction to odd and even numbers and a very cute story as well.  Great for K-2 students.  

This is a very unique book about x and y whose plane crashes in the village of Wontoo.  They notice that the land seems to be filled with evens and odds.  They ask a lot of questions about why folks are odd and even while they try to fix their plane.  This book is best for students in grades 3-6.    It gets into some bigger ideas about adding odd and even numbers.  

What books do you use to teach odd and even?  Please respond in the comments below.

Head over to volume 26 to check out some great books for teaching time!

1 comment:

  1. I love that mitten story. I'm pinning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete