Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Great Computer Activity: Speedy Pictures

If your students K-3 are working on subitizing or addition, you will love this computer activity.  It is similar to the Subitize Tree app for iPad that I have written about in the past.  It is a great way to work on subitizing and addition and is easy to differentiate to meet the current needs of your learners.

The best part?  Its free!

I selected the rekenreks to 20 for this round.  I also adjusted the flash time to about 2.5 seconds.  It simply flashes the given picture for the length of time requested and then removes it and lets you click on the number you saw.  The green vertical bar to the far right keeps track of how many you have got correct.  
This time I selected fingers and put the flash time to just over 1 second.  Think about how changing the flash time or the model used would change the challenge level for your students.
This time I chose dice and love how this version gets kids thinking about addition!  
Ready to check it out?  Here is the website!

5 comments:

  1. This looks really cool but I couldn't get it to work on my iPad. I must be doing something wrong:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't work on the iPad. It works on PCs and SMART boards. Subizizing Tree is what I use on the iPads. Same idea but made for iPad.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, so so cool. Thanks for sharing!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get the website to open on my PC. Can you send me the link?? It looks great though!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes security settings on your computer will prevent you from being able to open foreign websites. The link is http://www.fisme.science.uu.nl/toepassingen/03373/ You have to have Java. If one browser doesn't work, try another!

      Delete