Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Math Literature Volume 18

If you missed last week's review of some of my favorite Hello Math Readers, check it out here!

If you have seen this post, you know I love the Sir Cumference books.  So it should come to no surprise to anyone that I ordered the latest one just as soon as I knew about it.



This book, like other Cindy Neuschwander books is a great story first and foremost but has great math ideas woven in.  The focus of this book is on bar graphs and pie charts and appeals to a wide range of learners.  So far, I have used this book in grades 1-5 with great success.  The other thing I love about Neuschwander's books is the fun character names.  In this book, we are introduced to Pia of Chartres (who happens to make pie charts) and Bart Graf. (who happens to make bar graphs)  If you are looking for a fun way to talk about graphs with your students, or if you just have to have all of the books in this series, this is a great book to add to your collection!

Click here to head to volume 19 where I have shared my favorite books for the 100th day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment