Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Math Literature Volume 52!




Does that say Volume 52?!?!?!?!  You read it right!  This is my 52 installment of Monday Math Literature which means this has been going on for an entire year!  You would think I would have run out of things to say by now but I really haven't.  I started this series doing quick reviews of some of my favorite math literature books and it has evolved into much more.  My posts have gotten much more in depth and I have been so inspired to build whole lessons off a piece of literature.  I have shown some of the lessons from the Math and Literature series and even come up with some of my own ideas for using regular literature books in a math context.  Today I want to do something a little different to celebrate a full year of math literature posts.
I have spent several hours compiling all of the math literature posts from the last year and organizing them by topic.  You can check the list out on the page below or download the entire thing from Google docs.  It will also be available on the Math Literature tab at the top of my blog! 
The topics include geometry, measurement, addition, subtraction, fractions, counting, 100th day of school and more!  


I look forward to continuing to share with you how I use literature to enhance math class!

Which book on this list is your favorite?

13 comments:

  1. I love that you compiled them all in one place! Such an easy reference point to find good math literature books!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It took me several hours but I hope to keep up now!

      Delete
  2. Thank you as well. All your time, effort and ideas are truly appreciated. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks fantastic! It will definitely be used by me. Thanks!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cook! Thanks for doing that!
    Sara
    And I love that you haven't run out of things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love it! I had been keeping track and jotting down all your books but your list is so much better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, having them all in one place is extremely helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I hope to keep adding to it and updating it as I look at more books. Check out the Math Literature tab on my header to see the latest version!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for putting these all together, Tara. It's going to be super handy.
    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for putting all of these together! I've just gone through your list and spent waaaay too much money on Amazon (with quite a few books added to my wish list because I couldn't quite justify spending THAT much money!). I'm moving from teaching K-2 predominantly, so teaching 4th grade next year, so this was such a helpful post to guide me to books that would be more appropriate for my new class. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot thank you enough!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for!! Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete