Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Division with Partial Quotients: A Guest Post at Corkboard Connections




I have been asked many times for more details about how I use partial quotients to move kids from a concrete model for division to an abstract one.  I am happy to announce that I have finally written a detailed post about how I introduce and connect partial quotients to a visual model for division.  I have been very lucky to be able to share this as a guest post over on Corkboard Connections.  This is an amazing blog by one of my favorite educators, Laura Candler.  If you haven't seen her resources, you will definitely want to check them out!



If you read my guest post and are just checking out my blog for the first time, welcome!  It is great to have you here and I hope you find a lot of useful ideas.  If you want to learn more about me you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest and TPT.  Here are a few posts you might want to check out to get you started. 
Using QR Code Scavenger Hunts to Practice Math

Push in or Pull Out Intervention
 

A Visual Model for Percents

Fun and Free Apps, Graphing Gala

Developing a Conceptual Understanding of Multi-Digit Subtraction

Multiplying Mixed Numbers with the Area Model

Decimal operations QR Code Scavenger Hunt

Five Great Strategies for Comparing Fractions

Promoting Fluency with Dice

Meter Sticks as Decimal Number Lines

100 Bead String Fraction and Decimal Number Line

Combining Measurement, Fractions and Line Plots
If there is anything else I can help you find or if you have specific ideas for future posts you would like to see, please leave a comment below!  


No comments:

Post a Comment